Leibniz’ Cosmological Argument is one of the strongest cosmological arguments for the existence of God. We have a series of posts on the LCA here. The full argument is:
- Every contingent fact has an explanation.
- There is a contingent fact that includes all other contingent facts.
- Therefore, there is an explanation of this fact.
- This explanation must involve a necessary object.
- This necessary object is God.
Of course, each point of this needs explanation and defence, so I have done so here (note that the part descriptor does not correspond to the point descriptor):